10 THINGS TO DO WHEN YOU’RE HAVING A BAD DAY!
This morning I was awaken at 7:00am by my alarm to put the garbage out. A few minutes before that, I was being licked and poked by the cat. Like most days I could barely get out of bed. My lower back was very sore, my head hurts, I feel like I was hit by a huge truck. The thought occurs to me that I should just stay in bed, but I must feed the cat and yes, it’s garbage day. Since I’m an empty nester it’s all up to me! When I finally got out of bed both my knees hurt, I could hardly get down the stairs. This is definitely a bad day!
So, what do you do when you’re having a bad day?
- Exercise-Keep your body moving. Yoga is a great way to relieve pain and stress. I also started using Acuball products. They are easy to warm up, the heat lasts up to three hours and the heat is great pain relief.
- Get a massage- Getting a real professional massage can really help relieve the pain and keeps you feeling good for a day or two.
- Mindfulness Meditation-Take the course, you will be glad you did it. It really helped to relieve my pain.
- Yoga- is a great way to relieve pain and stress. I also started using Acuball products https://bit.ly/2WuM5p6 They are easy to warm up and the heat is a great relief
- Write in a journal-writing down your feeling can help to get it out there and move past it.
- Take a bath– using Epson salt and your favorite essential oils. I love peppermint & Lavender.
- A cup of tea– enjoy a cup of Chamomile, peppermint, or apple-cinnamon is very relaxing.
- Read/Puzzles-enjoying a good book can help keep your mind distracted and can ease your pain. I also love doing puzzles, especially Sudoku, Wordsearch, & FreeCell.
- Eat favorite food-My favorite food is cheesecake or white chocolate brownies. It doesn’t really relieve the pain, but it tastes so good and puts me in a better mood.
- Cry– Yes, it’s ok to cry as loud as you can, and then move on to one or more of the other ideas.
The good news is not every day will be a bad day. There will be a few days when you jump or leap out of bed because your feeling great and have no pain. Take advantage of the good days but just don’t overdo it, because you’ll spend the next few days regretting it. Therefore, there must be balance. You know your body and how much it can handle so be careful, while enjoying your good days and bad days too!